Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Tomato and Ground Beef
Serves: 1 spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground beef
- Half a green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 portobello mushroom, halved and sliced
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Stab a knife into the spaghetti squash randomly about half a dozen times to allow steam to release. Place on a baking sheet and cooking for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife can pierce through the skin easily. Slice in half and allow to cool (or if you are crazy, try removing the seeds right away!) Remove seeds. Using a fork, run it inside the squash to create the spaghetti "noodles."
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for a couple of minutes. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until meat is browned. Mix in tomatoes, green pepper, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with thyme, oregano, and cayenne. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350F. Add the sauce on top of your prepared squash halves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake for 10 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.